Woman Issued Citation After Pitbulls Attack And Kill Her Chained Labrador

A Hot Springs woman has been issued a citation after two Pitbull dogs attacked and kiledl another woman’s Labrador.

Sonia M. Negron was issued a citation for Vicious Animal X 2 and Violation Of Rabies Control Act X2.

According to the Garland County Sheriff’s Office, the victim states that the suspects two Pitbulls, one black and one white attacked her brown Labrador while it was chained in her yard. The Labrador was killed.

The Labrador was valued at $100.00

A witness observed the incident.

Animal Control was contacted.

31 Responses to Woman Issued Citation After Pitbulls Attack And Kill Her Chained Labrador

1. Tanya Roberts Reply

August 6, 2013 at 8:50 am

If people would keep their animals on a leash or in a fence, this would not happen. Irresponsible pet owners shouldn’t be allowed to keep pets.

2. ARpetMom Reply

August 6, 2013 at 9:06 am

It’s not irresponsible owners! There are irresponsible owners of EVERY dog breed and you don’t see labs, coonhounds, poms, or beagles out constantly killing and mauling. It’s the BREED. Stop blaming the owners, it’s a pitiful excuse for all the carnage in this county by ONE type of dog. Ban these dogs, all fighting breeds, from Garland County to protect the 99 percent of pets in this county that ARE NOT pit bulls, and do it before we have ANOTHER DEAD CHILD! One dead, dozens mauled, innumerable innocent pets attacked and killed; When is enough ENOUGH?

• Diana Reply

August 6, 2013 at 10:04 am

you are so right “arpetmom”! hunting dogs and hound dogs in garland county are abused all the time and they don’t constantly attack other dogs and people . “A citation” really? That’s it?

• wend Reply

August 6, 2013 at 11:14 am

AMEN!

• Dana Reply

August 6, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Enough is enough of this ignorance constantly being spread by folks like you. It is not the breed! It is irresponsible dog owners of every breed that allow their dogs to go out unattended and cause problems. And if you knew what you were talking about you would know that it was not a pit bull that killed that child, it was a mastiff! So speak from a factual standpoint instead of a ignorant, closed-minded emotional one, or don’t speak!

• LovesAllDogs

August 6, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Amen Dana!
        ARpetMom when will you would give it a rest? Every time you write something you show your ignorance! I normally read and laugh but I just couldn’t this time. It most definitely is the owner being irresponsible when they allow their dogs or cats to roam free. Irresponsible owners also chain their dogs. Take a look at the pathetic segment of society that chain their dogs…uneducated, low class and mentally challenged.

• wend

August 6, 2013 at 4:20 pm

they are both molosser breed. educate yourselves.

• ARpetMom

August 6, 2013 at 5:44 pm

You are more than welcome to check with Mary Bourneval who posted here, animal control, and the vet who examined the dog that killed the child. It WAS more than half pit bull. That is a FACT. It is not closed-minded to speak facts, but it sure does seem to upset pit bull owners. The dog that killed the little boy in Jessieville was “more than” half pit. So check YOUR facts

• James Talbert Reply

August 6, 2013 at 7:38 pm

You are so stupid. It is irresponsible owners. I am an owner and my Pit wouldn’t hurt a flea. Why are those dogs loose anyway ??????????? You are so stupid and one-track minded.

• Tanya Roberts Reply

August 7, 2013 at 9:12 am

I never specified that it is limited to pit bulls that have irresponsible owners. And “all this carnage”? We’re not having an epidemic of killer dogs, lady. Calm down, drink a cup of tea, and stop spewing your crap everywhere. It wasn’t one type of dog. The child was killed by a bullmastiff, not a pit bull.

I don’t own a pit bull, but I do think that they get demonized. Every decade or so there is a breed that becomes the breed to fear. Dobermans, rottweilers, german shepherds have all had their time as media hyped killers. Are these dogs for everyone to own? NO. These dogs take patience, training, and constant socialization…but so do all other dogs. It is completely the owner’s fault for this. That dog should have been kept in a fence or on a leash.

3. J's Mom Reply

August 6, 2013 at 12:30 pm

It is not the breed of dog unless the breed is being inbred. I have a five y/o American Staffordshire. She lives in the house with a Pomeranian and a 15
    y/o deaf cat. She is not the boss and she knows it. She is a very happy loving dog. She loves being chased and plays extremely well with other dogs. She was raised and lives indoors with her family. She is very polite and follows commands. She is very sociable and loves children.

4. Billy Reply

August 6, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Personal story here. Two pits who belonged to me in the 1970s when I was young and dumb would have been described then by me as the “Two sweetest puppies in the world auuuuu they would never hurt a flea, precious, precious”, the same crap you pit owners spew out all the time. “NOT” my two “perfect pit’s” had their not so perfect “fight trigger” set off by a little boy who simply screamed and ran the other direction on the city sidewalk. The scream and excitement set off their “inbred take down mode” the male went for the buttocks and caught pants only thank God. He was going back for the second snap and the female pit which had been further away was heading high for the neck when I got between them (not a split second to spare) and shuttled the kid to safety. I was there this one time at other times I might not have been so close. It was matter of life and death clearly they had had the “FIGHT/KILL trigger” pulled by the sound of a child’s scream and his running away from them.

• Alieniste Reply

August 7, 2013 at 12:12 am

Pitbull apologists: blame the victim and the owner and utter nonsensical same ole same ole. Im getting pretty sick of the idiots who say its not the genetics of the breed. Everyones screaming that the other poster is ignorant. ALL are ignorant unless youve been a victim. SHADDUP AND LISTEN! PREVENT THE DEED – BLAME THE BREED, killing is the genetic wiring of the pitbull and pit crosses. You cannot hide the truth.

5. Dew Reply

August 6, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Owners owners owners. Keep your dogs at home like most people want here. Then your stupid dog doesn’t get in my yard!! Good job county quorum court members, you just made a new ordinance and this is what happens. Confinement!!! That’s the only answer.

6. Mary Bournival Reply

August 6, 2013 at 2:12 pm

Once again the ordinance has not come into effect….it is ninety days from passage before it can be enforced. The ordinance requires pit owners to be contained behind a fence or enclosed in a pen and on leash when off their property. Once the ordinance can be enforced, any pit found roaming can be seized by animal control and the owner will have to go to court. Before the dog is returned, the owner will have to comply with a lot of other requirements like insurance, spay/neuter, very specific type of containment, muzzling off property, etc. If the owner fails to comply with these strict requirements the dog will not be returned and it cannot be adopted to anyone else.

7. Sandy Reply

August 6, 2013 at 2:30 pm

Thank you Dana. I have a pit bull and he is the most loving and loyal friend and family member I have ever had. I have had a lot of different breeds of dogs as pets in my life and my pit is the best behaved and mild mannered dog I have ever had. So it is not the breed. Animals learn from us and want to please us, so be careful what you do. For the lady who lost her lab my heart goes out to you. I love all walks of animals and this was a sad story. Not all pitbulls are mean and aggressive.

• Wms Reply

August 13, 2013 at 8:51 am

Baloney. Ignorant people think a dog is a dog is a dog, they just come in different shapes, colors & sizes. No. Different breeds have different strengths. Herding dogs will run in circles “herding” things, even if not “trained” to do so. Retrievers HAVE to greet you with something in their mouths (preferably “game!”). Greyhounds can run faster than a pit bull. Why? Look at the strong hind-muscles & deep chest! Bulldog breeds were bread for their GRIPPING – jaws with a measured bite PSI stronger than many breeds, so even an accidental bite will require a lawyer & a hand surgeon.

8. Merritt Clifton Reply

August 6, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Pit bulls and mastiffs are both molosser breeds. Of the 4,309 dogs involved in fatal and disfiguring attacks on humans occurring in the U.S. & Canada since September 1982, when I began logging the data, 2,708 (63%) were pit bulls; 535 were Rottweilers; 3,484 were of related molosser breeds, including pit bulls, Rottweilers, mastiffs, boxers, and their mixes. Of the 513 human fatalities, 260 were killed by pit bulls; 84 were killed by Rottweilers; 384 (69%) were killed by molosser breeds. Of the 2,432 people who were disfigured, 1,604 (65%) were disfigured by pit bulls; 313 were disfigured by Rottweilers; 2,016 (79%) were disfigured by molosser breeds. Pit bulls–exclusive of their use in dogfighting–also inflict about 10 times as many fatal and disfiguring injuries on other pets and livestock as on humans, a pattern unique to the pit bull class. Surveys of dogs offered for sale or adoption indicate that pit bulls and pit mixes are less than 6% of the U.S. dog population; molosser breeds, all combined, are 9%.

9. charles Reply

August 6, 2013 at 3:45 pm

i set live traps in my yard to catch stray dogs or cats,i turn them over to animal control if they dont have a tag,its not my problem if they pull out of there collar,i live in the county,i have seen stray black labs,little small dogs and other breeds running around out here and not a single child has been attacked by one of them,but we have had three children bit by pitbulls in the last two years out here,on was walking his dog on a leash down the street,the other two were playing basketball in their own yard,i dont care what anyone says ,every owner is responsible for their pets,if you tag them and get their shots and take care of them you are responsible

• wend Reply

August 6, 2013 at 4:19 pm

i seriously thought about doing this in my yard Charles. we have neighborhood dogs that come through our yard all the time – NOT “strays”, but dogs actually owned by people int he neighborhood that just don’t care where their dogs go.

I had thought about doing what you’re suggesting and setting a live trap in my yard (i’d have to do it multiple times to catch them all) – but since most of my “catches” would be collared, what do you do in that case? giving them back to the owner would just result in them being captured by me again in the next day or so. (after them looking at me like I was an idiot for even catching their dog in the first place since they don’t see a problem with their dogs roaming)

I had thought about “hauling them off” – removing the collars & dumping them at a local pound or something. I know that’s wrong, but i’ll admit to giving it some thought.

• Wms

August 13, 2013 at 8:43 am

Why do you tie your dog outside? They are vulnerable and cannot effectively defend themselves. GET A FENCE and make life easier for everyone.

10. ShelbyAndReese'sMom Reply

August 6, 2013 at 4:03 pm

Well said Sandy!

11. MB Reply

August 6, 2013 at 4:22 pm

It is the owner!!! I have had many pits in my life and im only in my mid 20′s. I had 2 as a child and I have 2 now along with a boxer and a bordercollie/shepard. My dogs are very very well behaved and were the same when I was young. Its about how you raise/train them. Pits are the most loyal dog out there besides maybe my boxer. However, I can take all of my dogs to the dog park and not have to worry. My dogs love kids, and my pits let my nieces whom are only 5 climb all over them and ride them like a horse. They also scream and yell and play chase with all of my dogs. However, they really like to play get the bone from the pits… (mostly because the other two will just drop the bone) the girls will try to take their bone and they will throw it or try to hide it. NEVER one time have I had a problem or fear of my pits or any of my dogs harming another animal or human. The neighborhood kids love to come pet all of my dogs when we are out walking. Yes they are on a leash but they don’t try to tug or pull on me… they walk right by my side like WELL TRAINED dogs should.
    Every dog breed is aggressive if trained to be or if the bloodline(inbred) has a disorder. Dogs naturally want to please their owners. If the owners teaches a dog to be mean or aggressive toward other animals then guess what, that dog wants to please its owner and it’s gonna attack another animal.
    My point is this, I have 4 dogs two of different breed. They live play eat and sleep together. Not one of them get angry about the food bowl, or children, or toys, or bones. They are all very well trained and behaved!! They love to play with other animals and other people!! They do not bark at the doorbell or at people outside.
    Why?? because I TRAINED THEM WELL. I am a responsible dog owner.
    It all comes down to the owner!! Neglect/ abuse/ inbred will cause any dog to act out no matter what the breed!!!

• JP Reply

August 7, 2013 at 6:48 am

You’re a stupid

12. charles Reply

August 6, 2013 at 4:33 pm

wend,if they have a collar i still give them to animal control and let them deal with it,sometimes they have to go down to their office and pay a fee to get them back,i have captured the same dogs several times,just wish the owners would learn but i guess not,i have four dogs of my own,the stay in a fenced yard

13. M W Reply

August 6, 2013 at 6:14 pm

I thought if they were in violation of the rabies law that the dog had to b surrendered immediately for rabies testing. Is that not the case?

14. One Dog's Opinion Reply

August 7, 2013 at 12:12 am

Uh? bow-wow-wow.. woof.. grr.. yowlep? YOWLEP! “whimper” .. woof… mmmmwoof..

15. Christine Reply

August 7, 2013 at 9:02 am

I have 2 Rotties that when some one asks me do they bite..yep probably, put in the wrong situation any dog will attack or bite..Don’t be stupid people !!!!

16. Wms Reply

August 13, 2013 at 7:12 am

First, no dog should be chained outside – they are defenseless then. Just get a high, secure fence. Second, “and violation of the rabies (vaccination) law? Why do so many of these attacks involve irresponsible owners who let their neglected dogs exist unsecured?

17. Sandra Reply

August 17, 2013 at 6:35 pm

Darla Napora (BadRap activist member) and Gunner her 2 year old pitbull, two names every potential pitbull owner should google and read about how Gunner dog she’d lovingly raised since he was 8 weeks old turned on her and killed her.Oh the irony.

18. lee mohr Reply

September 19, 2013 at 5:32 pm

After a Pit Bull attacked my dog if one wanders into my yard I let my hand gun take care of it.