Suspect Arrested after Holding wife’s Head Underneath Water

Hot Springs police arrested a man on a Domestic Battery warrant after he allegedly held her head underneath water and physically attacked her.

Chance Gober, 39, of 1004 Double L Road in White Hall was charged by the Hot Springs Police Department.

According to the report, Officer Ford responded to Stearns Pt in reference to a battery.

Upon arrival, Officer Ford made contact with H. Gober. Gober said that her husband does not live at the residence with her. Gober stated that her husband had her phone and he got upset because he believed she had an iCloud email account. gober told him she did not have a email account but he did not believe her. Gober then advised that he then grabbed her by her arms and began throwing her around the apartment and into the wall. The report states he then struck her with a closed fist on the left side of her face. gober did not remember how many times he struck her in the face.

Gober remembers waking up laying in the bathtub with her husband beside her. She then told the suspect that she was going to call the police. The report states the suspect said, “If your going to call the police, I might as well kill you.”

The report states that he began to hold her head underneath the water. Gober states after he let go of her head, she pleaded with him to take her to the doctor.

According to the report, the suspect told her that she will be fine and that she did not need to go.

Photographs were taken of the victim.

32 Responses to Suspect Arrested after Holding wife’s Head Underneath Water

1. Jim D'bruissiant Reply

September 28, 2013 at 8:08 am

When this dude gets out he needs a blanket party thrown for him by a group of large men.

• Tammy Reply

September 28, 2013 at 11:21 am

I second that idea

2. Tanya Roberts Reply

September 28, 2013 at 8:52 am

3. Kirsten Reply

September 28, 2013 at 6:02 pm

Must be a real coward to BEAT your wife!!!!!!!!! This isn’t the 1st time.

4. concerned for her future safety Reply

September 29, 2013 at 3:30 am

Shouldn’t this charge be attempted murder. He said he might as well kill her and then held her underwater???

• RUKiddinMe Reply

October 1, 2013 at 10:10 am

One would think so… but he did tell her she would be fine, so I guess that makes it OK

5. NotOnYourLife Reply

January 29, 2014 at 3:56 pm

Their daughter died under suspicious circumstances a couple of years ago. This man is a loose cannon who WILL kill someone else if he isn’t stopped. He needs to be locked away where he is a danger to no one but himself

• Firsthandexperience Reply

January 29, 2014 at 8:17 pm

It was confirmed she had a heart defect, but this man is crazy and heather will end up dead before he gets what he deserves.

6. chance Reply

February 8, 2014 at 1:13 pm

Not ever woman tells the truth. Especially this one.

• Justthefactsplease Reply

February 15, 2014 at 1:42 pm

Proof is in the facts……no lies in official court records. He beats her in May of 2013, is arrested and charged by county officer and taken to jail. Before it can go to court, he attacks her again, nearly killing her, city officers at scene again press charges and issue a warrant. When he gets to court he pled and was found guilty to 3rd degree battery, 2 counts, and breaking an order of protection, and a no contact order. He doesnt understand rules, and will only keep up the abuse. If he claims lies, then why has the system, police, and judges seen differently. She has a 2 year permanent protection order and she still hides from him.

• chance

February 27, 2014 at 4:47 pm

She’s a the lying woman in Arkansas. Plead no contest cause she told me that she had the order removed. The whole thing was a set up to be with her boyfriend steve cope. She says he set the whole thing up. Had to plead no contest to keep from being in trouble for trying to be her husband and keep my family together. But if anyone wants to give a blanket party I live at 1004 double l rd white hall AR come on down.

• Karen Reply

March 29, 2014 at 9:32 am

You are nothing but a LIAR!!!!! We all know it happened. Your day is coming!!!

• bob

March 30, 2014 at 3:11 pm

You say that you plead guilty to two counts of 3rd degree assault and battery because you thought the order of protection was lifted So that makes it okay to go back and beat the crap out of her again? Do I get an invitation to your blanket party

• Karen Reply

March 29, 2014 at 10:28 am

YOU ARE SUCH A LIAR CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. chance Reply

February 27, 2014 at 4:54 pm

Beleive this crap if you want to. One day there will be another man. She said if I get her boyfriend she would walk in court holding my hand. I was set up you fools!!!!

• Youwedesetup banana Reply

February 28, 2014 at 9:10 pm

Most certainly you were. Probably will be again. Someday you will have to answer….think God will believe “i was set up” ?

• chance

March 5, 2014 at 3:42 pm

Yes God knows everything I’ve put up with. I’ve been with her for 25 years and until she met tiffany alverson and steve cope we never had problems. Her problem is she hates to be caught. When she got caught stealing 36000 dollars she tried to commit suicide. She get caught cheating she tries to commit suicide. Guess she just wanted me to be as guilty on paper as her so she set all this up with her boyfreind. If you’ll call or text me at 8704892104 I’ll send you the text that says just that. It says steve cope is the devil and I was the devils child. I’d you will make sure he pays for what he done to us I will walk in court holding your hand. Goes on to say he set all this up. And has an unregistered gun he plans on using on you. Just call me if you want some more info.

• Karen Reply

March 29, 2014 at 9:33 am

You’re the fool you big idiot!!!!

8. chance Reply

March 5, 2014 at 3:47 pm

All that noise in a condo with neighbours all around and knowbody called the police while I’m trying to kill her? Huh just doesn’t add up. Or why didn’t she call the police or run. Huh just like It not like we lived on a hundred Acers in the swamp, all that abuse and she never told any one till she met steve cope and got caught cheating. Yea okay you dummies think about that.

9. chance Reply

March 5, 2014 at 3:52 pm

She ista say her momma beat up on her all the time and I believed that crap. Now I know that crap was made up too. When I met her she was trying to kill herself cause her momma was abusing her supposably, man I sure do wish I wouldn’t have believed that crap and took her somewhere safe. My mom and grandma always said she was gonna get me in trouble on day and sure enough they knew what they was talking about.

10. Karen Reply

March 29, 2014 at 9:34 am

I have known her a very long time. And YOU CHANCE are the LIAR!!!!

• Chance is a liar Reply

March 30, 2014 at 5:38 pm

It’s so sad that some people actually believe his lies, but Karen, you are right, he will get his one day! Heather hasn’t deserved any of his abuse, but she has withstood more than I calls imagine with gracefulness and continues to rebuild her life.

11. John Reply

August 17, 2014 at 7:57 pm

Guess whos dead now…. Yep Chance in the train accident

12. john is a dick Reply

August 18, 2014 at 12:52 am

No matter what happened the comment about the train should have never been said !! You people are awful!

13. Tom Henix Reply

August 18, 2014 at 1:45 pm

What a sad story full of bizarre people.

14. MJF Reply

August 18, 2014 at 3:42 pm

I graduated high school with Chance. This whole thing is so sad. I was just looking for information on his death, and see all this! John, SHAME on you.

15. Hope I Don't Know John Personally Reply

August 19, 2014 at 11:32 am

WOW at the comments from Aug 17th! I know both people and have heard so many conflicting stories but since it is NONE OF MY BUSINESS, I have stayed out of it. RIP Chance Gober, hold Estee tight in heaven.

16. CJC Reply

August 19, 2014 at 4:43 pm

From someone who knows nothing about either side of the family, these comments are truly sad. And John’s comment was really uncalled for.

17. RIP Chance Reply

August 19, 2014 at 6:11 pm

I grew up with Chance and he was a great person! He loved his children, and his Lord! You people should be ashamed of yourselves! You will have to answer to your maker one day and explain all of these rude and hateful remarks! Shame on y’all! RIP Chance…you will be missed!

18. Prayerful Reply

August 19, 2014 at 11:13 pm

Dear sweet Jesus, I pray this was not a suicide run, for he took 1 with him and now supposedly another. I pray they all knew you….in Jesus name Amen

19. Truth Reply

August 20, 2014 at 6:26 pm

He was a good Man and great father to his children. The good lord knows Who he really is. RIP Chance, you can finally see your baby girl again!

20. Maryann Reply

August 23, 2014 at 12:16 pm

Only the good Lord knows what all happened. It’s all so sad.