One Person Dead Following Shooting at Movie Theatre Parking Lot Last Night

Hot Springs Police confirmed one person has died following a shooting in the parking lot of the Carmike Central City 10.

Once on the scene, Officers discovered a black male,with an apparent gun shot wound.

The victim was transported to a local hospital where he later died.

The incident happened about 8:45 PM Thursday night  on Higdon Ferry Road.

Detectives and the Hot Springs Crime Scene Unit have been collecting evidence and speaking with witnesses.

The victims name is Carl D. Anderson, 29, of Hot Springs.

Stick with Hot Springs Daily for more details as they develop.

32 Responses to One Person Dead Following Shooting at Movie Theatre Parking Lot Last Night

1. Jim D'Bruissiant Reply

October 25, 2013 at 7:36 am

He dead.

• Tonette Reply

October 25, 2013 at 8:13 am

He dead is what you left as a comment????? This is my cousin and he was his parents ONLY child and the father of two!!!!! #Heartless

• Jim D'bruissiant

October 25, 2013 at 9:10 am

My condolences for the loss of your cousin who was no doubt an innocent bystander not involved with whatever it is that might have been going on. We must stop the violence, because too many innocent, uninvolved with anything that isnt the most upright and moral standing, people are getting shot and killed.

• Crystal Moore

October 25, 2013 at 10:35 am

Tonette Sorry For Ur Loss. My Prayers Go
        Out To Your Family.

• Kati Wilson

October 25, 2013 at 10:39 am

Soo sad :( praying for your family!!

• stephine pazuchowski

October 28, 2013 at 3:26 pm

im sorry for your loss thats sad to hear what happened i hope the person who shot him dies in jail when they find him :,(:,(:,(

• D. Ryan Reply

October 25, 2013 at 12:02 pm

Okay, wait a minute here, That is really heartless, and as for the smarta$$ comment about involvement and all, so what if he is involved, confrontation does not mean you pull a gun and shoot the other one. The person that shot him was just a loser and scared he was probably going to get his ass beat so he took the cowards way out. According to the police scanner, there was a BOLO out last night around 9:30 p.m. for a Michael Davis , black male, driving a 4dr older model blue cutlass, wanted in connection with the shooting at Carmike cinema

• epidemic

October 26, 2013 at 12:13 pm

well thanks for furthering the epidemic by releasing the name of who they looking for now we can def look forward to another post like this in a few days

2. Tonette Reply

October 25, 2013 at 8:11 am

R. I.L. Carl Anderson aka Lil Pooh! I LOVE YOU cuzn!

3. Jennifer Smith Reply

October 25, 2013 at 8:47 am

I am Jennifer an I am so sorry I spoke to him an hr before this happened and I am so sorry Im hurting and I don’t know what to do so I prayed for his soul and family… I am so sorry I loved me some pooh RIP………

4. i know u dont Reply

October 25, 2013 at 9:15 am

I live by there. I was outside and heard 6 shots. Then drove by and saw like 12 police and a white car on rims. So for ur lost.

5. Sophonda Peters Reply

October 25, 2013 at 9:19 am

What is up with all the violence? Was it a gangbanger asshole that shot him? I’m sorry for your loss. Why would someone shoot him?

6. TJ Reply

October 25, 2013 at 9:43 am

Such a tragedy. What is this town coming to? You can’t even go out and enjoy a night with family at the movies. I hope they catch whoever is responsible for taking this young fathers life. God bless his family and friends.

7. Karen White Reply

October 25, 2013 at 10:06 am

How tragic; These peoples only son, according to someone who posted. What happened in the last 5 years? You get mad and instead of punching someone in the nose someone pulls out a gun? So very sorry for this family.

8. Come on!!! Reply

October 25, 2013 at 10:27 am

What is this like 2 murders in a month now? Not to offend any friends or family, but I am very curious what the motive was. I also can not wait for my concealed carry license to come in so I can at least try to return fire if someone shoots at me!
    There’s a daycare and a high school like 2 minutes away from the theater too!

• Murder rate? Reply

October 26, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Hey this is Hot Springs the “TOURIST TOWN” you are not supposed to talk about the murder rate or acknowledge that there has been any other murder than the one in the news. It is an unwritten code of local journalism.

Can any one point out an article in the last several years where anyone has mentioned that a murder is the second, the tenth…. of the year. NO it doesn’t happen in any of the major papers including the Hot Springs Daily.

Chicago is the Murder Capital of America according to the media. Their population is 77 times that of Hot Springs. (2.7 million versus 35 thousand). They had their 350th murder October 16. We surpassed that murder rate when we had our fifth murder early in the year.

Wake up Hot Springs. It’s not just about a new jail, we have been ranked repeatedly as the most dangerous city in America by numerous publications and our response was been to change the method that we file crime reports to make fewer reports.

My sympathy goes out to the victim, he was both a victim of the murder and of the community that puts its tourism reputation above the safety of it’s citizens.

9. kk Reply

October 25, 2013 at 10:32 am

He dead? That’s fucked up that is my nieces father and she is very upset and so is my sister your heartless when you die someones going to say he dead

10. shawn dalrymple-burks Reply

October 25, 2013 at 10:48 am

I love our city and I am from Pine Bluff. My family moved here ( a sister and brother still in Pine Bluff) in 1992. I have always been very proud to be a part of this community. Hurting people, hurt others, it is a given. Now is the time for a band of brother and sister hood to pull together, bridging the “GAP”, and help each other. I, too am raising children and even have grand children. I have a 15y/0 son, who attends HSHS and we “LOVE” our friends who have become like family in our neighborhood, which is public housing. I want to ask this family if there is anything me and mine can do for you? I may only be able to offer service, time and prayer, but my heart is willing. Please let me know how we can help? Condolences and Love. God Bless

11. Dedrick Nash aka Dee dee Reply

October 25, 2013 at 11:01 am

R.I.P. kinfolk…see u on that other side.

12. cody "G" Tro Reply

October 25, 2013 at 11:41 am

Natural selection? Darwinism at its finest? Lol I think so.

The truth will come out eventually. I knew him and I’m positive he was anything but an innocent bystander!!!

• KDrew Reply

October 25, 2013 at 4:28 pm

It doesn’t matter if he was an innocent bystander or nt. Pooh was who he was and in all actuality he was a damn great person. This was a father who took damn good care of his kids,a man with a future, and a plan. Whoever did this was a coward. No matter what the circumstances were gunplay didn’t have to be a way 2 solve this problem. So it would be greatly appreciated if u keep your comments 2 yourself. If u have nothing nice 2 say don’t say it at all. R.I.L Pooh. Praying for the family and friends.

• Loopy Reply

October 25, 2013 at 6:27 pm

Neither you nor gandhi nor I have been an innocent bystander at all possible times throughout our lives. When we do slip up, murder should not be an acceptable response. Same goes for the murderer. He slipped up, but in a far more radical manner, yet he is still just another kid messed up with the ‘wrong kids.’ What a shame it is to see men with limitless potential ending their lives and their victims’ lives over something trivial and forgettable instead of something profound and noble.

“Measure a man by his actions fully, from the beginning to the end.” – Tupac

• concerned Reply

October 26, 2013 at 4:05 pm

Lol

13. Lillian Reply

October 25, 2013 at 12:51 pm

I am so sorry to hear what happend I am praying for yall

14. Bill Drews Reply

October 25, 2013 at 1:07 pm

I have been all across this country and around the globe, and never have I witnessed so many black on black killings as happen in this region. People you gotta get a grip and stop the nonsense. When I was young, we settled disputes at knuckle junction.

15. D. Ryan Reply

October 25, 2013 at 5:34 pm

According to scanner last night, Police have a suspect they were seeking, Michael Davis, black male, driving a 4dr older model cutlass. Considered armed and dangerous

16. Ffej Reply

October 25, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Live by the sword, die by the sword PERIOD!

• justice? nah. revenge. Reply

October 26, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Amen. Play with fire you get burned. This dude wasn’t innocent

• AB's

October 26, 2013 at 8:06 pm

TNB. at it best.

17. Jim D'Bruissiant Reply

October 27, 2013 at 7:44 am

I guess Carl shouldve stayed in the house.

• Loose coleman Reply

October 28, 2013 at 8:54 am

And you should keep your damn comment to your self Ass Hoe. Sing Phoeni Arizona…

18. cdrew Reply

November 2, 2013 at 11:46 am

I knew this young man very well and he was good person what I can see so keep comment to yourself god bless his family