Manager Of Family Dollar Takes Bank Deposits, Does Not Return To Store

The manager of Family Dollar Store was arrested after taking two deposits and never returning to the store.

Dawne Michelle Loveday, 46, 113 Pullman in Hot Springs was charged with Theft of Property over $1,000, a class D Felony.

According to the report, The manager of the Family Dollar Store located at 3339 Central Avenue, Dawne Loveday, left the store at approximately 1:00PM. When she left, she took two store deposits totaling $1,703.83 and $964 from petty cash. Loveday was supposed to return deposit the $1,703.83 in the stores account at Regions Bank and get change for the $964 and return to the store.

Loveday never made the deposits and never returned to the store.

Gary Beckham, District manager closed out her register at the store and it was $320.89 short for that day.

The total amount of cash missing from the store that day that Loveday was responsible for was $2,988.72. Loveday has not returned to work since that date.

After numerous attempts to make contact with her Beckham finally recieved a text message fromher advising that she had been attacked and the money had been taken.

21 Responses to Manager Of Family Dollar Takes Bank Deposits, Does Not Return To Store

1. Loopy Reply

October 17, 2013 at 6:27 am

How is it so hard for me to find jobs when people like this have jobs? What the hell?

2. Nancy Baker Reply

October 17, 2013 at 10:08 am

PLEASE if that was true she would have gone back to the store and reported it to the police and the store District Manager.

3. laura Reply

October 17, 2013 at 10:20 am

I cant believe she even got that job !

4. Sharon Needles Reply

October 17, 2013 at 10:22 am

46? That haggard old pie crust looks old enough to be my granny! See kids? Meth is bad!!!

• Janice Kincaid Meredith Reply

October 17, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Wow, she’s 46?? Looks more like 64, I am a manager too, responsible for deposits, not at a store, but still, if I had been robbed, my first call would be to police, my second to my employer!! You just DON’T not contact your boss or law enforcement! That alone makes her seem totally guilty!!

5. Saph Reply

October 17, 2013 at 10:49 am

Seriously??? This woman looks terrible. And to think I applied for a managers position with that company. I have PLENTY of experience, yet was turned down for even an interview. But THAT woman is the manager??? Wow. SMH. Obviously they would rather hire a drug user. Blah.

6. Dave R. Reply

October 17, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Hold up people, I have to say something here. Let me explain some things here to you hypocrites, #1 I’ll start with the comment on looks, first of all, she should have returned to the store if this did happen, I as well as everyone else don’t believe that for one second, but her looks should not have anything to do with her position. #2 Your looks and age, as well as the crime committed does not mean this lady is a drug user, we all have issues, I was robbed in my home on Oct. 6th at gunpoint, my tv’s, laptop, rent, was taken and I called the police and reported it, so yes she would have returned if it happened, Your circumstances surrounding what you do and have done, do not always reflect drug abuse or anything like that. So for the ones who are saying these things remember, if the shoe was on the other foot and you were not a drug user, would you appreciate people saying that, after all they would already be speaking of the crime you did actually commit.

I in no way know this person in this article or do I condone her actions. I am also not saying in any way, shape, or form that the circumstances leading to this were not drugs, I’m just stating that it isn’t in the article about drugs, so that means they are not in play here, that is all.

Dave

• Alan Reply

October 17, 2013 at 12:57 pm

Yo, Earth to Dave. It’s others observations, and now we see your view and like me others will call BS on you…..

7. GOALAN! Reply

October 17, 2013 at 1:58 pm

Hypocrites?? They may be mis-judging or sterotyping this women but the term hypocrite really does not fit the bill. A hypocrite is a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess. You dont know them to make that call meaning that you did EXACTALLY the same thing that they did by passing a unjustified judgement, now THAT is hypocritical.

8. me Reply

October 17, 2013 at 2:01 pm

David you can tell by looking at her she on meth..sorry

9. stayclassyarkansas Reply

October 17, 2013 at 2:32 pm

the comments on this page prove what everyone says about our state, morons. how about instead of pointing fingers, ‘calling bullshit’ or anything, why not just be classy? i already know the answer to this question, and you idiots are the reason people think they way they do about arkansas. please dont breed. you shouldn’t even be allowed on a computer with the way you guys act.

• Mike Estell Reply

October 17, 2013 at 9:27 pm

I know her i do not know what happen on this deal..sounds bad but I’ve never known her to do dope. I know her mom died not long ago. No excuse but it will all come out

10. Me Reply

October 17, 2013 at 9:46 pm

Doesn’t this store do random drug screens? Most employers do these days, so maybe judging too harshly just on looks. BUT that still does not excuse the crime. YES, any sane or innocent person who had been robbed of money or anything else would normally IMMDIATELY call the police not “text” that they had been robbed after “numerous” attempts at contact from their supervisor.

11. misty p Reply

October 17, 2013 at 11:27 pm

She approached my sister in the store and accused her of being on camera on a prior day stealing!!! She said she was watching her!! This girl deserves this! My sister is not a thief! She is awesome!! she has major issues! Good luck on the lawsuit she has coming to her do that one!!!

12. wow Reply

October 18, 2013 at 4:51 pm

That’s the same women that accused me and my best freind with her two year old for shopplifting and used a racial remark, Why someone like this was employed as management really gets me? I actually said thank you for your buisness but I wont come back. Good thing she didnt get any more of my $

13. laura Reply

October 19, 2013 at 9:57 pm

Lol …not on drugs ,,,, right !

14. John South Reply

October 21, 2013 at 7:40 pm

She is real ugly alright.

• kerri ballew Reply

December 31, 2013 at 5:06 pm

She is lol I don’t no what she looks like I wanta see a pic of her lol

• Laurie

December 31, 2013 at 5:36 pm

Go to garland county sheriff dept inmate roster , scroll down to Loveday Dawne

15. kerri ballew Reply

December 31, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Omg how crappy is that, she never got robbed! In fact she was the only robber in this story!!!! I say throw her in jail for life!!!!

• Laurie Reply

December 31, 2013 at 5:33 pm

She’s getting what she deserves !