Hot Springs Daily Calendar of Events
- First Friday of each month Gallery Walk in historic downtown 501-624-0550
- Mid America Science Museum is open 6 days a week, closed on Mondays with over 100 hands on exhibits 501-767-3461
- Third Friday of each month is Antique/Boutique Walk in historic downtown Hot Springs 501-624-4083
- Third Saturday of each month is the Traditional Art Guild Exhibit and Opening at the Hot Springs Memorial Airport 870-867-0179
Calendar of Events
- 6/Saturday, Nano Days Celebration at Mid America Science Museum from 11am-3pm, 501-767-3461.
- 13/Saturday, 77th Annual Arkansas Derby. Gates open at 10am at Oaklawn Racetrack. 501-623-4441.
- 1- September 30, Splash of Glass at Garvan Woodland Gardens. The art glass of James Hayes. Call 501-262-9300 or 800-366-4664.
- 1/Wednesday, Snakes of Arkansas children’s program at Garvan Woodland Gardens. 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Meet at the Welcome Center and travel as a group to the workshop site. Children must be accompanied by and adult. Cost $5 per child (accompanying adults admitted free). Call 501-262-9300 to register in advance.
- 2-4/Thursday-Saturday, Pioneer Days at Garland County Fair Grounds from 8am-8pm. 501-276-8283.
- 2-4/Thursday-Saturday, The Arkansas HOG Rally. Arkansas Harley Owners Group 2013 rally at locations around the city. Private event, open only to Harley owners. Friday concert by LaFuSo. Saturday concert by Sammy Kershaw. Call 479-890-6241.
- 2-5/Thursday-Sunday, Hot Springs Plein Air Festival at various locations in the city. A celebration by artists of Hot Springs’ beautiful and historic buildings. Official event of Arkansas Heritage Month. Artists will paint outdoors along Central and Park Avenue, Grand Avenue and Whittington Avenue. Open to all artists 16 and older. Registration fee is $40 before April 24 and $50 afterward. Fee includes lunches. Call Fine Arts Center, 501-624-0489.
- 3/Friday, Dancin’ in the Park 2013, presented by the Spa City Bop and Swing Dance Club at the Austin Hotel and the Transportation Depot. Vendors, dance workshops, exhibitions. Call Ginger Johnson 501-412-6016.
- 4/Saturday, Evening Out Spring Gala presented by the Humane Society of Garland County at Clarion Resort on Lake Hamilton. Auctions, live entertainment. Tickets $25 in advance, $30 at the door. Call Tricie Daves at 501-655-9879.
- 3-5/Friday-Sunday, Wonders of Wildflowers Weekend at Lake Catherine State Park with hikes, bikes and crafts. 501-844-4176.
- 13-19/Monday-Sunday, Hot Springs Regional Bridge Tournament at the Convention Center. Duplicate bridge in pair and team events. Call Ned Irving at 501-922-3715.
- 16/Thursday, “Honeydripper” May Movie Night at Low Key Arts, 118 Arbor, 8 p.m.
- 17/Friday, Night Hike for children at Garvan Woodland Gardens. Starts at 8 p.m. Experts lead nighttime walk through the gardens to listen to the night sounds, learn about nocturnal animals and test night vision. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Fee $12 per child (accompanying adults free). Call 501-262-9300 to register in advance.
- 18/Saturday, Stueart Pennington Running of the Tubs in historic Bathhouse Row in downtown Hot Springs. 501-321-2277.
- 18/Saturday, Off the Chain MMA at Hot Springs Convention Center.
- 19/Sunday, E-Day Festival at Historic Farmer’s Market, 121 Orange St., 11am-3pm.
- 23/Thursday, “King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters” May Movie Night at Low Key Arts, 118 Arbor. 8 p.m.
- 25-End of Summer, Dinosaurs! And SkyCycle exhibits at Mid-America Science Museum. Guests will be immersed in the Cretaceous Period when dinosaurs walked the earth. The SkyCycle is a high-wire bicycle that allows visitors to experience how the center of gravity works. Dinosaurs! Exhibit included with price of admission. SkyCycle tickets are $3. Call 501-767-3461.
- 25/Saturday, Magic Springs Concert Series at the park’s Timberwood Amphitheater. Collective Soul. Concert begins at 8 p.m. Call Dana Whisenhunt at 501-624-0100.
- 25/Saturday, Little Miss Arkansas Pageant at the Convention Center. 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Girls aged 0 to 17 competing. Call Barbara Johnson at 501-318-7876.
- 27/Monday, Hot Springs Concert Band: Memorial Day Concert, at Whittington Federal Park.
- 30/Thursday, “What I Love About Concrete” May Movie Night at Low Key Arts, 8 p.m.
- 1/Saturday, Magic Springs Concert Series at the park’s Timberwood Amphitheater. Night Ranger and Firehouse. Concert begins at 7 p.m. Call Dana Whisenhunt at 501-624-0100.
- 1/Saturday, Rockin in the City at Horner Hall, Convention Center.
- 2-15/Sunday-Saturday, Hot Springs Music Festival, in downtown Hot Springs. Info: Todd Cranson, 501-623-4763.
- 6/Thursday, Sawyer Brown in Concert at the Oaklawn Racing & Gaming Finish Line Theater. Starts at 7 p.m. Call 501-623-4411, ext 340.
- 6/Thursday, Flavor of the Park at the Farmers Market Pavilion, 121 Orange Street. 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Free samples and beverages from Hot Springs’ finest restaurants and caterers. $15 in advance, $20 at the door. Call Hot Springs Chamber of Commerce, 501-321-1700.
- 8/Saturday, Arkansas Entertainers Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony at the Convention Center. Starts at 6 p.m. Inductees: Bill Carter, Louie Shelton, Sister Rosetta Tharpe, Mike Utley, Gary Weir. Tickets $75 each. Call Steve Arrison at 501-321-2027.
- 8/Saturday, Magic Springs Concert Series at the park’s Timberwood Amphitheater. Country singer Easton Corbin. Concert begins at 8 p.m. Call Dana Whisenhunt at 501-624-0100.
- 11-15/Tuesday-Saturday, 115th Annual Meeting of the Arkansas Bar Association at the Convention Center. Lawyers from all over Arkansas will attend this annual event with outstanding programs and speakers. Call Steve Arrison at 501-321-2027.
- 14/Friday, Magic Springs Concert Series at the park’s Timberwood Amphitheater. Christian music band Building 429. Concert begins at 8 p.m. Call Dana Whisenhunt at 501-624-0100.
- 15/Saturday, Magic Springs Concert Series at the park’s Timberwood Amphitheater. Christian musician TobyMac. Concert begins at 8 p.m. Call Dana Whisenhunt at 501-624-0100.
- 20/Thursday, Senior Olympics Softball Tournament at Kimery Park. Call Gail Ezelle at 501-321-1441.
- 22/Saturday, Magic Springs Concert Series at the park’s Timberwood Amphitheater. Country band Little Big Town. Concert begins at 8 p.m. Call Dana Whisenhunt at 501-624-0100.
- 28-October 26, Thirty-third season of The Witness, musical passion play. For prices and hours visit the group’s website.
- 29/Saturday, Magic Springs Concert Series at the park’s Timberwood Amphitheater. Rock band Creedence Clearwater Revisited. Concert begins at 8 p.m. Call Dana Whisenhunt at 501-624-0100.
- 29/Saturday, Music in the Park at Lake Catherine State Park. Featuring Fer Goodness Sakes. Starts at 7:30 p.m. Admission free, Dutch oven cobbler served free of charge. Call the park for more information.
- Saturdays, Hot Springs Farmer’s Market at Transportation Depot, 121 Orange St.
- 3/Wednesday, Spa Blast with the biggest fireworks show to date at Oaklawn Park’s infield at 6pm. Entertainment by Lee Greenwood. Call 501-623-4411, ext 340. Info: www.Oaklawn.com
- 4-7/Independence Day Weekend, Fireworks Shows happening after dark in town and on the lakes. Info: www.HotSprings.org
- 6/Saturday, Magic Springs Concert Series at the park’s Timberwood Amphitheater. Rock band Lynyrd Skynyrd. Concert begins at 8 p.m. Call Dana Whisenhunt at 501-624-0100.
- 12/Friday, Quiltfest 2013 at the Convention Center. More than 200 quilts and 20 vendors. Admission $5. Contact Beth Wynn at 501-318-0947.
- 13/Saturday, Magic Springs Concert Series at the park’s Timberwood Amphitheater. Singer Gary Allan. Concert begins at 8 p.m. Call Dana Whisenhunt at 501-624-0100.
- 19/Friday, Magic Springs Concert Series at the park’s Timberwood Amphitheater. Heaven Is for Real Ministries. Concert begins at 8 p.m. Call Dana Whisenhunt at 501-624-0100.
- 20/Saturday, Magic Springs Concert Series at the park’s Timberwood Amphitheater. Christian group Mercy Me. Concert begins at 8:30 p.m. Call Dana Whisenhunt at 501-624-0100.
- 27/Saturday, Magic Springs Concert Series at the park’s Timberwood Amphitheater. Rock band Theory of a Deadman. Concert begins at 8 p.m. Call Dana Whisenhunt at 501-624-0100.
- 10/Saturday, Magic Springs Concert Series at the park’s Timberwood Amphitheater. Rock band NeedToBreathe. Concert begins at 8 p.m. Call Dana Whisenhunt at 501-624-0100.
- 17/Saturday, Magic Springs Concert Series at the park’s Timberwood Amphitheater. Coco Jones. Concert begins at 8 p.m. Call Dana Whisenhunt at 501-624-0100.
- 29-31/Thursday-Saturday, Hot Springs Blues Festival, at Hill Wheatley Plaza. 501-815-2939.
- 8-15/Sunday-Sunday, Hot Springs Jazzfest, at various venues in downtown Hot Springs. 501-627-2425.
- 5-7/Thursday-Saturday, Hot Springs Motorcycle Rally
- 9-14/Monday-Saturday, Garland County Fair at the Garland County Fairgrounds at 7:30pm. 501-282-1510.
- 27-28/Friday-Saturday, Legends Balloon Rally at Hot Springs Memorial Field Airport. Country legend Travis Tritt and classic rock band Styx will provide the musical entertainment. Styx will perform Friday night, September 27, and Tritt will perform Saturday evening, September 28. Info: www.HotSprings.org
- 4-6/Friday-Sunday, Arts and Crafts Fair with 250 exhibitors at the Garland County Fairgrounds 9am-6pm Friday and Saturday, noon-5pm Sunday. 501-623-9592.
- 4-5/Friday-Saturday, Hot Water Hills Music and Arts Festival at Hill Wheatley Plaza.
- Last three weekends in October, Magic Screams Halloween Fun at Magic Springs Water and Theme Park. Info: www.MagicSprings.com.
- 11-20/Friday-Sunday, Hot Springs Documentary Film Festival at the Malco Theater. 501-626-2242.
- 16-Dec. 31/ Saturday- Tuesday, Holiday Lights at Garvan Woodland Gardens features 2 million bulbs casting Holiday cheer on the 15-acre gardens. Noon-9pm daily. 501-262-9300.
- All Month, Holiday Festivities at the Arlington Resort Hotel and Spa Lawn. Info: www.ArlingtonHotel.com
- 3/Monday, Hot Springs Christmas Parade in downtown Hot Springs at 6;30 pm. Free. Info: www.HotSprings.org
- 5/Wednesday, Summit Arena 10th Anniversary Celebration
- 14/Saturday, Winter in the Park at Lake Catherine State Park. 501-844-4176.
Places to Play
Garvan Woodland Gardens
Magic Springs and Crystal Falls
Mid-America Science Museum
Oaklawn Racing and Gaming
Arkansas Alligator Farm and Petting Zoo
Hot Springs Marina
Lobby Bar at the Arlington Hotel
T-Rex Golf, Laser Tag and Go-Carts
Belle of Hot Springs Riverboat
Brady Mountain Resort and Marina- And Riding Stables
Iron Mountain Lodge and Marina
Mountain Harbor Resort and Spa Marina
Turtle Cove Spa at Mountain Harbor
Pirate’s Cove Adventure Golf
Maxwell Blade’s Magic Show
Five Star Dinner Theater
Gangster Museum of America
Hot Springs Mountain Tower
Hot Springs National Park Visitor Center and Fordyce Bathhouse
Dreamchaser Houseboat and Water Rentals at Mountain Harbor
Wake Zone Luxury Houseboat Rentals, Royal AR
Arkansas Riding Stables
Panther Valley Ranch
Castleberry Riding Stables
Central Bowling Lanes and Family Recreation
Crater of Diamonds State Park
Josephine Tussaud Wax Museum
Little Bitty City
Play by Play
National Park Aquarium
Two Spirits LTD Canoe Adventures
Places to Eat
- A Time Exchange Lounge 501-625-3112
- The Big Chill 501-624-5185
- Bistro 400 at The Embassy Suites 501-624-9200
- Bogart’s Night Club 501-623-5152
- Café 1217 501-318-1094
- Central Park Fusion Cuisine 501-623-0202
- Colorado Grill 501-623-7992
- The Dixie Café 501-624-2100
- Exchange Street Café 501-625-2100
- Fountain Room at the Arlington Hotel 501-623-7771
- Gilligan’s on the Lake 501-525-3919
- Higdon Square Café 501-623-7744
- Hot Springs Brau-Haus 501-624-7866
- JavaPrimo Coffee House 501-318-9789
- Last Chance Lakeside Café 501-922-4870
- Lucky’s Bar and Grill 501-622-2570
- Luna Bella 501-520-5862
- Maxine’s 501-321-0909
- The Ohio Club 501-627-0702
- The Pancake Shop 501-624-5720
- Park Avenue Bistro 501-624-3903
- The Purple Cow 501-625-7999
- San Francisco Bread Company 501-525-7322
- Shooter’s Sports Bar and Grill 501-520-4411
- Osaka’s Japanese Steakhouse 501-525-9888
- The Long Shot Saloon 501-624-4344
- McClard’s Bar-B-Q 501-624-9586
- Stubby’ s BBQ 501-624-1552
- Bubba’s Catfish to Go 501-762-3474
- Grampa’s Catfish House 501-767-2299
- Ambrosia Bakery 501-525-4500
- Dolce Gelato Gourmet Italian Café 501-525-6580
- The Fudge Factory 501-624-2190
- Nom Nom’s Mexican Grill-N-Chill 501-623-8588
- Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt 501-318-0500
- McCardle’s Irish Pub 501-627-1965
- Angel’s Italian Restaurant 501-609-9323
- Angels in the Park 501-609-0767
- Belle Arti Italian Restaurant 501-624-7474
- Doc’s Pizzeria 501-760-2227
- J&S Italian Villa 501-525-1121
- Jahna’s Italian Restaurant 501-767-0200
- Rocky’s Corner 501-624-0199
- Rod’s Pizza Cellar 501-321-2313
- Don Juan’s Mexican Cuisine 501-525-0013
- Jose’s Mexican Restaurant 501-609-9700
- Rolando’s Neuvo Latino Restaurante 501-318-6054
- Taco Mama 501-624-6262
- Back Porch Grill 501-525-0885
- Belle of Hot Springs Riverboat 501-525-4438
- Brickhouse Grill 501-321-2926
- Cajun Boilers 501-767-5695
- Fisherman’s Wharf Steak and Seafood 501-525-7437
- KJ’s Grill 501-767-0063
- The Porterhouse 501-321-8282
- Smyly’s Crab Shack Nightclub and Restaurant 501-525-3442
Oaklawn Racing and Gaming
“Arkansas’s Favorite Place to Play”. Open 10am every day until 3pm Sunday through Thursday, 5am Friday and Saturday. 1-800- OAKLAWN.
Ben Sanders 501-318-3092
Bean’s Guide Service 501-282-6104
Brian Murray 501-617-1515
Darby’s Guide Service 870-867-7822
David Cochran 501-244-7974
Fishing with Mike Wurm 501-767-6974, 501-622-7717
Greg Willingham 501-276-2318
Poorman’s Guide Service (Larry Hurley) 501-249-0763
Ron Hawley 501-617-1856