Hot Springs Attorney In Battle To Retain Law License

Hot Springs attorney John Skylar Tapp is in a legal battle to retain his law license.

This month, the Arkansas Surpreme Court Committee on Professional Conduct voted to suspend Tapp’s license pending a disbarment trial.

Tapp, through his attorney Jeff Rozensweig appealed directly to the Supreme Court alleging that they should not have suspended him prior to him being disbarred.

The Court lifted the suspension and gave him ten days to file a brief, which Tapp did last Monday.

The Executive Director of the Committee, Stark Ligon then has five days to respond to his brief.

So far, Ligon has not filed a response. If he does, then Tapp has five days to respond to that motion.

Special Judge John Lineberger has been assigned to the case.

For more information on this case, please go to courts.arkansas.gov. The case file number is 13-150.

19 Responses to Hot Springs Attorney In Battle To Retain Law License

1. Lizzy M Reply

March 21, 2013 at 11:38 pm

Sky Tapp is definately known for being unethical and unprofessional! My friends, family, and even myself have had unpleasant experiences with Mr. Tapp, even if he was representing us or just a simple consultation. I would not recommend him to anyone. He deserves to loose his license. It’s about time we clean up Hot Springs and we should start with him!!!

• Brett f Reply

May 30, 2014 at 3:55 pm

Mr. Tapp recently handled a case for me and was absolutely amazing. I am from Hot Springs and have seen myself judges at parties doing things I would not do as far as corruption goes. Mr. Tapp handles business the way it should be handled, Fast and done.

2. MT Reply

March 22, 2013 at 7:57 pm

What a shame when the real criminals go free.

3. Do some research! Reply

March 22, 2013 at 8:15 pm

I agree TOTALLY that garland county needs to be cleaned up. However, it needs to first start with the Real Estate Commission and then disbarment of the crooked attorneys who are involved in the real estate schemes with these crooks. Or real estate developers who only develop their own bank account while scamming innocent victims and the despicable attorney’s there who “defend” them by profiting from the scams and helping to cover up the crimes. Then move forward to the banks who loan money to them after umpteen zillion foreclosures are already on their books from the same people. The prosecutor who refuses to do a dang thing about it. But instead they focus on the good attorney’s who try to fight these things. I guess good attorneys are bad for business. Check out court connect to find out which attorney’s are the real ones who should be disbarred. See which ones are involved in malpractice suits, real estate suits, foreclosures. And while we’re at it which ones had a murder take place at their residence. You know, calling names to someone when you don’t know the real story or Garland County is ridiculous. It’s why nothing will ever change in that god forsaken place. Wonder what little girl trying to gain her 15 seconds of fame started this????

• Fly Trapp is as unethical as it gets Reply

April 22, 2013 at 1:32 pm

Its hard to tell if you are defending Fly Trapp or chastising him. But let me say this. The AG’s office and the House/Senate committees need to do some serious remaking of the AR real estate laws, both civil and criminal. My lake property has been completely destroyed at the hands of someone else and there is not a single law on the books for criminal damage to property or criminal trespass like there is in other states. All there is to rely on is civil tort claims. I hired fly trapp to handle my tort claim against the persons who did this. Sued them for their property so I could remedy my own. In a year and a half we never went to court once. He went to a judicial sale auction and bought the property that was the subject of litigation and then tried to sale it to me for 4xs the purchase price, tried to get me to sign a conflict of interest waiver and then withdrew from my case without notice. If that is ethical to you, I shutter to think what is unethical. Fly Trapp deserves to lose a lot more than just his law license. I have no doubt that everything he owns was obtained through some unethical means. My property is still destroyed and I am still fighting 3 years later to gain control over it and now he owns the other side of the buiding and is continuing to allow it to fall down and do nothing – same thing the original people did that I was suing over. I hope he ends up in a homeless shelter begging for food and clothing.

4. jtutley@yahoo.com Reply

April 2, 2013 at 10:24 am

You get what you pay for !! And when you pay for Mr. Tapp’s service, at least you know you will be represented. So he doesn’t call you back….someone will. So he makes his meetings short…he already knows what is going on and has already starting planning the handling your case. I agree with the above – go after the prosecuting attorney. now he is UNETHICAL !!!

5. The Truth Reply

April 3, 2013 at 8:24 pm

Mr.Tapp has what is coming to him. It is about time. He has knowingly lied to judges. I have proof of it. He did it on purpose. No one here knows why he is on trial for being disbarred, do they? I do….he has it coming. Garland County has a reputation over the whole state of Arkansas for corruption and poor ethics. He is and has been one of the ring leaders for years. He put his own nail in his coffin this time. Garland County judges have let him get away with murder..literally forever. His day has come and it will again. He is 62 and will have to meet his maker.

• Rachel Reply

May 17, 2013 at 9:58 pm

leave Sky Tapp alone! He’s a great lawyer. 30 yrs ago he gave me back my money and recommended me to a terrific attorney in Houston, Iris Robinson, who got me full custody of my daughter and terminated parental rights duly respected, Kudos Sky Tapp, your name says it all!

6. Mike Crawford Reply

April 5, 2013 at 10:29 am

You’re damn right he has it coming. A former family member used him to represent her in a divorce case. Tapp promised big things all built on criminal lies about her ex husband. They basically ruined the guy because of lies and in the end, the guy ended up mopping the floor with Tapp by himself. He is a criminal. Nothing more, nothing less.

7. John Dozier Reply

May 23, 2013 at 6:11 pm

Tapp gives the legal profession a black eye! Most unethical attorney in Arkansas! Lies to judges and lies against anyone he is after in court!! A scum bag for sure!

8. Rachel Reply

June 20, 2013 at 11:49 pm

I know precisely what this is about and I know what some of the “favorite law firms” are guilty of. Nothing but organized crime lawyers. Look at one of the real estate developers in town and who is in bed with him. Decades of scamming people Monday through Saturday and then playing Christian on Sunday. Check into the actions of a popular home hospice company and its CEO and then check the connection. If people knew what went on right under their noses they would be appalled.

9. curiouslikeeveryoneelse Reply

July 9, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Why doesn’t someone put it out here why he is in trouble.So far all the comments have eluded the real reason. I wonder if it has anything to do with the Marine Deputy { Neil Parliment} who seems to be in big trouble.No updates for a while after he was arrested.

10. April Reply

September 19, 2013 at 12:03 am

these are the reasons via the arkansas supreme court:
    Professional Conduct faulted Tapp in two cases: 1s handling of money in his trust account and 2) for filing bankruptcy for partners in a failed real estate investment when they weren’t his clients

11. Jordan Hillis Reply

September 20, 2013 at 11:41 pm

Some commenters have HORRIBLE grammar. Honestly, I can hardly understand this drivel. How about not contributing to the stereotype of the “uneducated Arkansan”?

• Jimmy Satin Reply

September 24, 2013 at 12:40 am

Little man trying to be big…

Pit Bull? lol

More like Chihuahua in the final stages of AIDS

I made you my lil biyotch Tapp. Buy a new suit. That same brown one is getting shiny.

12. W Cook Reply

October 2, 2013 at 3:27 pm

J Skylar Tapp is a crook! He took big money from me and my ex doubled it. Tapp led me down the primrose path for five years and then dropped me without a word. He kept my money and the payoff money, of course! He then benefited from the foreclosure on my house. He was planning to buy it and leave me homeless and this is while he was my attorney. He’s scum and I hope he ends up homeless. The bigger they are, the harder they fall ! Fall hard, Tapp ! Someone’s gonna take you down eventually and it appears as though your dirty scent has caught the attention of those in charge. Go crawl back under the rock you were hatched under

13. Jk Reply

December 14, 2013 at 11:01 am

Stark Ligon is the one who needs to be disbarred. Along with all of the “good old boys” that have fueled this fire for personal vendettas. Be very careful what you wish for because this is only the beginning. Turn about is fair play. US Dept of Justice is on the case now. It’s going to get quite bumpy in this pitiful hell hole!

14. Pissed off Reply

December 14, 2013 at 12:37 pm

This case is about one case and three people. MT, TB, and DL. It is a travesty of Justice and an attempt to derail a case. It is being sent to the ACLU for a civil
    Rights suit. You people have no clue what evil lurks in your community. But by God you WILL!

15. joy Green Reply

December 20, 2013 at 2:08 pm

Sky Tapp is a wonderful person and Lawyer and is not being treated fair in this deal too much politics in it. Stark Ligon needs to be taken off the case and disbarred for what he is and has done on this.