A four vehicle accident injured at least five people in the 1900 block of Malvern Avenue Thursday shortly after 11am.
According to Cpl. McCrary Means of the Hot Springs Police Department, a 2008 Nissan Altima driven by Richard Slagle, of Hot Springs, was traveling north on Malvern when according to witnesses took a the center line striking a southbound 2004 Lincoln Town Car driven by Mary White of Hot Springs. The Altima then struck a southbound 1994 Ford Explorer driven by Joyca Denson of Hot Springs. A southbound Honda Accord driven by Norma Lee of Hot Springs then struck the rear of the wrecked Lincoln and crossed the road crashing through the fence at Country Club Village.
All the drivers and passengers except for Lee were transported to area hospitals with various injuries. Malvern Avenue was shut down for well over an hour as Hot Springs Police Traffic Investigators took measurements and reconstructed the scene. Traffic was routed onto Hollywood Avenue and Country Club Drive.
The extent of the injuries was not known and the exact number and names of the passengers of the vehicles had not been released Thursday afternoon. The investigation is still ongoing and charges are pending.  A second accident occured near Malvern Avenue and Bellaire Street around an hour later while traffic was still being detoured and two people were reportedly injured.
[embedplusvideo height="365" width="450" editlink="http://bit.ly/1hRp59f" standard="http://www.youtube.com/v/522qxoFUOiA?fs=1" vars="ytid=522qxoFUOiA&width=450&height=365&start=&stop=&rs=w&hd=0&autoplay=1&react=1&chapters=&notes=" id="ep3653" /]
IMG_4649 (1)
IMG_4658
IMG_4652
IMG_4646

9 Responses to Four Vehicle Accident Causes Havoc On Malvern Thursday, Several Hospitalized (VIDEO)

1. cody "G" Tro Reply

November 9, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Dam that’s a lot of carnage!!!

2. John Primm Reply

November 10, 2013 at 9:19 am

That’s my aunt’s Lincoln which she and my cousin were in. Please pray for them. I hope the guy who caused this has to pay all medical bills for each of the several people who were injured and then gets JAIL TIME for making that U-turn and coming back into my relatives car twice …

• Richard Slagle Reply

November 25, 2013 at 11:07 pm

John, I know you are upset with what occurred but you and it appears others have no idea what happened. Since this is still an on going investigation, I cannot comment too much other than I did not make a U-turn into oncoming traffic. I pray all those who were hurt get healed and become better. I have a little bit more common sense then to just pull into oncoming traffic and risk everyone’s life. My God. Prayers sent to your family.

3. Derek Dunaway Reply

November 10, 2013 at 9:25 am

yea he was an attorney too

• Richard Slagle Reply

November 25, 2013 at 11:23 pm

You are referring to my father who passed away this January. Rest in Peace Dad.

4. Jenifer Smith Reply

November 12, 2013 at 5:03 pm

he is not an attorney but his mother is. he has been arrested for domestic battery and his mother gets it all wiped from his record without batting an eye at the people he injures.

• Richard Slagle Reply

November 25, 2013 at 11:21 pm

Jenifer, You sound like a real intellectual so I will make this quick as I know you must have research to do in quantum physics or some form of science not yet know to the rest of us. The charge was dismissed because NOTHING happened, you can ask the woman who filed the charge and she will tell you the same thing. Sometimes, when a woman love a man dearly, and he says he is leaving the residence to go live somewhere else, a woman will call and make up anything, just like a man will I’m sure too, because emotions run high during that moment, if you have have had anyone love you or you have loved another you might know what I am trying to describe, and it is under Arkansas law that when a domestic call is made someone has to go to jail whether something happened or not. My mother has nothing to do with it, the woman signed a note stating nothing happened and submitted it the court and I was cleared for any wrong doing. I really hope you take the time from your busy schedule of solving world hunger and feeding the poor in your own city to consider other people’s feelings and not just speak non sense. As a psychology major I can tell from what you wrote that you have a lot of inner anger that is bottled inside. I would recommend you exercise and seek peace through religion or finding a psychologist that can assist you with your inner feelings. I hope you find peace.

5. matt crorkz Reply

September 25, 2014 at 2:04 pm

8nguIK My brother recommended I might like this web site. He used to be entirely right. This put up truly made my day. You cann’t believe simply how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

6. diamond crorkz Reply

September 25, 2014 at 4:06 pm

LF6xNn Wonderful post but I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this subject? I’d be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Many thanks!