Derrick Estelle Escape Movie (Watch Escape)

New video released on Monday shows how an inmate at the Garland County Jail was able to escape on Sunday afternoon.

According to the Garland County Sheriff’s Office (GCSO), 33-year-old Derrick Estell was speaking  on the inmate phone in the booking area near a service window, when William Harding engaged the two deputies in conversation that diverted their attention from the window.

As the deputies stepped away to find answers to questions Harding was asking, Estell jumped on the counter, slid through the window and started running.

A deputy chased Estell through the parking lot into a nearby alley, where GCSO says Tamara Upshaw was waiting in a car with the passenger door open.

Estell closed the door and Upshaw drove away as the deputy tried to bust out the passenger window, causing injury to his hands, according to GCSO.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoMB1w2n3AA[/youtube]

29 Responses to Derrick Estelle Escape Movie (Watch Escape)

1. Dave Reply

July 29, 2013 at 6:05 pm

Run Forrest Run!

2. Rickey Douglas Love Reply

July 29, 2013 at 6:14 pm

On Your Mark, Hang Up, Gooooooo ~ ! ~

3. Bacon Reply

July 29, 2013 at 6:34 pm

This guy is obviously Houdini reincarnated! It’s nice to see that the law enforcement in this state is, at least, consistent on publicly humiliating themselves everyday in the news.
    Maybe if they took some time off from brutalizing suspects, flashing their junk at nightclubs, getting sauced and belligerent at family restaurants, pimping out 16 year old hookers, jacking drugs out of the evidence room-if they even make it into evidence, putting the smackdown on their wife’s autistic kid, covering up murders, escorting drug shipments and railroading defendants they might actually remember to shut their donut drop off window.

• Ffej Reply

July 29, 2013 at 7:36 pm

Funny but true.

• What bacon said......... Reply

July 29, 2013 at 8:45 pm

The best reply I have ever read……….kudos Bacon!!!!!!!!!

• JohnQCitizen Reply

July 29, 2013 at 8:54 pm

My thoughts, exactly!!! Well played, Bacon. Well played.

4. Bazinga Brad Reply

July 29, 2013 at 8:18 pm

I hope they catch the idiot.

5. Ted Burhenn Reply

July 29, 2013 at 9:04 pm

I hate it when I’m upstaged by a man named Bacon. Kudos Mr. Bacon for a comment well said.

6. nina Gordon Reply

July 29, 2013 at 11:16 pm

Dang! He was gone.

7. ltc08 Reply

July 29, 2013 at 11:29 pm

Dude must be in good physical shape.

8. Pingback: Today Show And YouTube Crime Video: Hot Springs, Arkansas: Garland County Jail Surveillance Footage: Robbery Suspect, Derrick Estelle, Escapes From Jail; Tamara Upshaw Suspected Of Aiding Escape (July 30, 2013) | WritingShares.com

9. K Reply

July 30, 2013 at 10:53 am

Well at least we know that we have somewhat smart fast and strong criminal out on the loose. I hope that he is way out of Hot Springs by now.

10. I'm Batman! Reply

July 30, 2013 at 12:02 pm

You know they won’t hesitate to gun him down. He’s a wild animal, and should be put out of everyone’s misery.

11. Karen White Reply

July 30, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Had we supported building a new jail years ago, this could have been prevented. These guys are working with what they have which is NOT enough officers and a completely unsafe outdated facility. The officer who went through the window after this guy RISK HIS LIFE to protect the citizens of this county and a bullet to his head could have EASILY been what awaited him around that corner and he went anyway! The cops are not to “blame” for this. Blame US, for not providing adequate staff and facilities, blame the criminal element in this county, blame those who helped him.This was a PLANNED escape of a dangerous felon, he is not the hero as some in this town are acting like because he got away, the HERO is the guy who went through the window after him and could have been KILLED! Just because he didn’t get him, doesn’t make what he did any less heroic. He went after a dangerous felon UNARMED.

• jd Reply

July 30, 2013 at 10:15 pm

doesnt really look that planned out, maybe like a last minute idea. but def not planned

12. Rock Reply

July 30, 2013 at 3:03 pm

Can we request the theme song to to “The Benny Hill Show” be put to the movie short of the escape?

13. I'm Batman! Reply

July 30, 2013 at 3:15 pm

As much media exposure as this is getting, it’s only a matter of time until Derrick Estell has a movie based on him. Mark my words! Watch. Wait. See.

14. buddy Reply

July 30, 2013 at 3:47 pm

It’s time the people of Garland County burn up the phones of the County Judge and their JPs. This guy that calls himself a Sheriff is simply a joke. Lets clean house from the top down, we deserve better. Its not a new jail we need but simply some hand cuffs and someone who give a crap about the safety of our citizens. What next putting sex offenders in day care.

• Brown Eyes Reply

July 30, 2013 at 4:39 pm

I have to agree with Bacon and Buddy….I also agree that we need a new jail but handcuffs and ankle cuffs would have prevented this, a guy with his reputation of being a flight risk should have been cuffed. I will say that the officer who went after him did do a good job, he didn’t hesitate to go after him not knowing what could have been waiting outside, so I will give credit where credit is due. As far as the sheriff, who is our sheriff? I know who it’s suppose to be but have yet to see him issue a statement??? Ha!

15. I'm Batman! Reply

July 31, 2013 at 4:07 pm

I wonder who Hollywood will cast to play Estell in the probable movie based on The Houdini of Escapes.

• Willie Nelson Reply

July 31, 2013 at 10:38 pm

Bruce Willis could take him on in next Die Hard sequel.

16. I'm Batman! Reply

August 2, 2013 at 5:03 am

Yawn.

17. Pro-Sheriff Joe Arpaio Reply

August 5, 2013 at 8:13 pm

I say that instead of spending the tax payers cash on a new state of the art facility with air conditioning,take a page from Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s playbook and put the scumbags in tents surrounded by a stun fence. He has not had one inmate escape custody since starting the tent city program in 1993 and it is costing Arizona tax payers a fraction of what a new facility costs. The only thing that inmates there want to escape is the >100 degree temps, the smell of others inmates stench, and their wrong sized pink underwear…

18. Castle Clash Gems Reply

September 23, 2014 at 11:37 am

One of the reasons that people don’t speak out is because they know if they do speak out they’ll be ostracized.
    Cersei, Sansa and the rest of the women of
    the court hole up in a comfortable, protected room in the Red Keep.

This 2M1 movement ain’t about ‘Sex, Drugs, and Video Games’.

19. seo plugin Reply

September 25, 2014 at 6:39 am

Hello Web Admin, I noticed that your On-Page SEO is is missing a few factors, for one you do not use all three H tags in your post, also I notice that you are not using bold or italics properly in your SEO optimization. On-Page SEO means more now than ever since the new Google update: Panda. No longer are backlinks and simply pinging or sending out a RSS feed the key to getting Google PageRank or Alexa Rankings, You now NEED On-Page SEO. So what is good On-Page SEO?First your keyword must appear in the title.Then it must appear in the URL.You have to optimize your keyword and make sure that it has a nice keyword density of 3-5% in your article with relevant LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing). Then you should spread all H1,H2,H3 tags in your article.Your Keyword should appear in your first paragraph and in the last sentence of the page. You should have relevant usage of Bold and italics of your keyword.There should be one internal link to a page on your blog and you should have one image with an alt tag that has your keyword….wait there’s even more Now what if i told you there was a simple WordPress plugin that does all the On-Page SEO, and automatically for you? That’s right AUTOMATICALLY, just watch this 4minute video for more information at. Seo Plugin

20. crorkz Reply

September 25, 2014 at 3:00 pm

RVrypT I’d should examine with you here. Which isn’t one thing I normally do! I take pleasure in studying a put up that may make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!

21. Glady Sieczkowski Reply

September 25, 2014 at 5:15 pm

Good write-up, I am regular visitor of one’s site, maintain up the nice operate, and It’s going to be a regular visitor for a long time.

22. Roxie Bozzone Reply

September 26, 2014 at 12:32 am

Your place is valueble for me. Thanks!…

23. boom beach cheat Reply

September 26, 2014 at 8:12 am

It’s appropriate time to make a few plans for the long run and it is time to be happy.
    I’ve learn this submit and if I may just I desire to suggest you some attention-grabbing things or suggestions.
    Perhaps you can write next articles relating to this article.
    I want to read more things about it!