11 Year Old Issued Citation for Threatening Student with Knife

An 11 year old Lake Hamilton Intermediate School student was issued a citation on October 29 after allegedly bringing a knife to school and threatening another student.

That’s according to the Garland County Sheriff’s Department.

According to the sheriff’s office report, the complainant, Stacy Howell, Principal  at Lake Hamilton Intermediate School stated that the suspect had brought a knife to school and threatened to use it on the victim sometime last week.  The 11 year old male student was issued citation # 87684 for Terroristic Threatening.

Report to Garland County Sheriff’s Department from Lake Hamilton Intermediate School Principal Stacy Howell:

On October 29, the victim’s father came to my office complaining about another student was harassing his son.  We investigated the issue and found out that a fifth grade student had brought a knife to school, showed it to the victim and told him that he would kill him if he didn’t bring him five dollars.  Over the past few days, we found out that the suspect had taken $13.00 from the victim and had been harassing him and bullying him to the point that the victim was scared to death.  After all the investigating, we called the police and filed a report. The suspect has been suspended for four days.

18 Responses to 11 Year Old Issued Citation for Threatening Student with Knife

1. Trisha Reply

October 31, 2013 at 10:47 am

GEEZ!!!!!! Only 4 days suspension.. I must be missing part of the story.

2. Deb Reply

October 31, 2013 at 11:43 am

Four days! WhAAAtttt?

3. michael Reply

October 31, 2013 at 11:59 am

Maybe after four days he’ll just bring back a gun.. way to go Lake Hamilton!!

4. Flabbergasted Reply

October 31, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Really? That’s it,, Four days,, when a child has been extorted, and robbed, and terristic threatening, possession of instruments of a crime and a weapon.

• Mark lelone Reply

October 31, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Back in the day. Me and a friend had a old fashioned playground fight. (Ohio ).

Both Suspended 5 days
      20 Hrs after school demerit hrs
      60 Days probation

And of course our dads belt!!!!!!!!

I feel for the bullied kid.

5. ski_doc Reply

October 31, 2013 at 7:22 pm

Bullying?????? Sounds more like armed robbery and terroristic threatening to me. There should be more than just school discipline involved here.

• Joy Hall Reply

November 1, 2013 at 7:12 am

If you read the article, the kid was issued a citation for terroristic threatening. From my understanding he was removed from school and released to his parents. Although I don’t think the school punishment was strong enough, he will have to appear in juvenile court and answer for the charges.

6. outta here Reply

October 31, 2013 at 9:54 pm

bout to pack up the family and hit the road! this city turning to shit!!!

7. Robin Reply

November 1, 2013 at 9:13 am

What happened to Zero-tolerance? My kids go to Lake Hamilton and I”m just finding out about this now? And 4 days is a joke

• Read E Reply

November 1, 2013 at 3:06 pm

The students were instructed not to talk about the incident! Wow!!!!!! LH overall is a good school! They dropped the ball this time. I knew when they didn’t do anything about the “crips” and “cuzzes” there was going to be some shit! More of a punishment than more time home playing video games. Has anyone talked or counseled the parents or children ( both victim & suspect)? First things first, LH needs help out here!

8. John Reply

November 1, 2013 at 10:57 am

We love LH. Hope they are increasing security when the boy is scheduled to return. Actually he needs to be escorted and searched by security police daily for a long while.

9. Liz Reply

November 1, 2013 at 11:37 am

Put his little butt in juvie for a few weeks. Let him get bullied and threatened and see how it feels. The parents are paying the citation so he’s pretty much just getting a little vaca.

10. Concerned Parent Reply

November 1, 2013 at 11:37 am

Counseling should be required or the boy should not be allowed back at the school. Something is wrong with the boy or his home life for him to take a knife and threaten he would kill the other student if he didn’t give him 5 dollars. Plus the school should make sure there is no contact between the two boys…the boy with problems should be required to change classes, school lunch time etc as needed to prevent contact. The boy that was threatened should be able to feel safe again at school and that requires more from the school than a 4 day suspension. More needs to be done

11. concerned parent Reply

November 1, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Wonder who he is related to at the school to only get 4 days. He has 2 counts against him that I can see, 1 bringing a weapon on school grounds, 2 bullying. Let me tell you that if this was my kid or grandkid he would have a real stripped but right now. JUST MY WAY OF SEEING THIS.

12. Babette Ward Reply

November 2, 2013 at 6:16 pm

Ridiculous! That kid should be in juvenile detention center not school! Be happy it wasn’t my kid being threatened I think I would have to take it into my own hands since it looks like nobody here has made the victim safe with the parents using the “proper procedure” allowing this punk back in school. Seems that in this case the rules protect the criminal.

13. Very Concerend Parent Reply

November 3, 2013 at 12:47 am

My Child is at that school and I myself do not think he should not be able to return to school at LHIS .He should be placed In a Private school or one of them schools for bad kids . Giving him 4 days is nothing . I will be at the school Monday along with other concerned parents should be there too . This kid is not right and we have to keep our children’s safe .Because what’s next a gun ??? . We as parents are going to have to step up and make them expel this kid for GOOD . I will not sit back and wait for a school shooting and have to worry about my kids being killed or and staff members or teachers being shoot . To many school shooting have been happening for just a slap on the hand .

14. LHIS parent Reply

November 9, 2013 at 3:21 pm

WOW! Way to throw the eleven-year-old baby out with the bathwater. Let’s just GIVE UP on a little kid now rather than try to be a positive influence on his life.

Half the folks here are complaining that he ONLY has four days suspension while the other half are complaining that out-of-school suspension is likely to mean just video game time. So, according to y’all, he should be kicked out of school? Placed in juvie where he will be beat up and so learn this sort of behavior is HOW TO GET BY?

I’ve got a lot of trust in the LH administration, counselors, and teachers, ever since they helped my daughter to deal with some bullying last year. I have no doubt the four-days OOS suspension is NOT the totality of the school-related consequences this boy will face. OF COURSE NOT! And that doesn’t even include the legal consequences he will face.

15. crorkz Reply

September 25, 2014 at 6:59 pm

y7tMcG There is perceptibly a lot to identify about this. I feel you made certain nice points in features also.